Missions’ Praises and Prayer Requests: March/April 2021
Daren and Jodi Beck—ACTION International (Cambodia)
- For the partnership with Phnom Penh Bible School, blessed to invest in the next generation of leaders!
- For the resources provided to complete the Jesus Story Bible and New City Catechism translations; both are available in Khmer.
- For staffing needs at Logos International School and Asian Hope International School for the 2020/21 academic year.
- That God would raise up workers and resources to work among the Cham (an unreached Muslim people group) here in Cambodia.
Frank Erb—Capitol Commission (USA)
- That our weekly Bible discussion groups for state Senators, Assembly Members, Constitutional Officers, Staff, Lobbyists, and State Employees at the California State Capitol are off to a strong start this year, even though they must be on Zoom since the Capitol is still closed to meetings.
- That we were able to start a new Capitol Chiefs-of-Staff weekly Bible discussion gathering, for the first time ever for these high-level leaders.
- For guidance developing and presenting a new in-depth Bible study series this year called “Shining to the Glory of God.”
- For God to give me abundant energy, health, focus, and wisdom to accomplish many ministry projects, including reaching out to everyone at the Capitol, developing and teaching 3-4 weekly Bible Study groups for them, and lots of personal discipleship for leaders.
- For God’s guidance as I do more by video and audio this year due to the continuing shutdown.
Henry and Grace Banda—YOLEDS (Youth Leadership Development in Sport) (Malawi)
- For God’s continued faithfulness.
- For God’s protection in this time of the coronavirus pandemic.
- For our country’s economy recovery, which continues to be horrible. We need God’s intervention.
- To know more and love God.
Jay and Karen Devers—Dynamic Church Planting International (Worldwide)
- That DCPI has just opened up New Caledonia with Church Planting training.
- That we have made great progress with the translation of DCPI church planting training into a Bible college format to offer to the colleges worldwide.
- For guidance and support as we recently opened up training in North Korea, Greenland, Serbia, and Slovenia. More fervent prayer is needed for these and the 42 countries we are seeking to open.
- For personnel needs as DCPI searches for a translator for our material for Afghanistan. The two main languages are Pashto and Dari.
Kennedy and Emily Salano—316 Transformational Sports Ministry (East Africa)
- For the provision of 2,000 Bibles that will help in our leadership and Sport Ministry trainings.
- For the opportunity to train 75 pastors and Local church leaders whereby many committed themselves to advance sports ministry training.
- For commitment of the upcoming leadership and sports ministry trainings before the Lord.
- For the correspondence sports ministry training that I am rolling out during this time when most sports activities have been suspended.
Lincoln Christian Academy (formerly Community Christian School), Lincoln, CA (USA)
- That enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year has begun and we have almost reached our capacity!
- That almost all of the children from other schools that began the year considerably behind have now either caught up to grade level or are very close.
- For direction as we explore ways we can expand our capacity through added classrooms. Pray for favor for future building projects especially from city officials.
- To find the right personnel. We have several staffing positions we need to fill. Please pray that God will direct the right people to us and give us wisdom as we go through the hiring process.
Michael and Irina—Slavic Gospel Association (Asia)
- That we were able to conduct Christmas programs in four villages in January, despite COVID limitations.
- That we safely flew our aircraft in support of the Christmas programs.
- That we will regain the legal rights to continue our ministry programs in the orphanage.
- For guidance and support as we work to begin ministry in a least one more new village this spring..
Paul and Grace Moses—India Sports Ministry/Sangita Charitable Trust/Widows’ Program (India)
- That all of our widows, children, staff, self-help ladies, and their families have been protected from COVID. Praise be to God! We are so grateful to have our widows’ ministry today and know that God has been faithful in providing for Sangita Ministries.
- For the opportunity to support our daughter Shiny through the birth of her second child. We are grateful that she was able to stay with us after the birth to help with the baby and the toddler, and that Shiny is now strong enough to manage without our help.
- That God will continue to protect our ministry, our families and friends, and our loved ones from COVID.
Ruth Veltkamp—Set Free Ministries (Nigeria)
- That Umaru’s eyesight continues to improve.
- That some of those who have been led to the Lord through the ministry are in government positions where they can work to support freedom of Christians to worship.
- That many Muslims who heard Hiruda speak at his aunt’s funeral will find comfort and peace with Jesus.
- For healing and restoration for members of Umaru’s family, who have gone through recent personal disappointments.
Steve and Dawn Liberti—NAB Conference/Proclaim Ministries (Germany/Global)
- For God’s provision of so many things we have been praying for associated with our move back to America. God provided resources, lots of help loading our shipping container last week and so many other logistical details. We are so grateful to God for His leading and that He went before us to make a way straight and clear for our family.
- For the sweet and wonderful times we were able to have before we left Germany with dear friends in our community, local and regional ministry partners, and our neighbors in Kandern. It was so encouraging for us to hear from so many people about how they felt impacted by our 10 years in Germany. All glory to God! This made our last days together a bit easier to handle knowing we made an impact in the lives of many for King Jesus!
- For Dawn and Steve as they leave Germany for their reassignment with Proclaim International at the U.S. office in Jacksonville, Florida. They are excited that they will continue with ministry in the Balkans and also for new initiatives for ministry in the U.S., including the establishment of a Global Recruitment and Training Center in Jacksonville.
- For the success of evangelistic campaigns being planned in the Balkans for Croatia, Serbia and Albania. Steve is busy planning and recruiting for these campaigns for late summer and early fall of this year.
Sacramento Valley Teen Challenge (USA)
- For every donor, prayer partner, and volunteer.
- For those students who completed and graduated the program in late February.
- For continued protection for our students in the midst of this pandemic.
- For creative fundraising ideas to support our students.
Thamsing and Ring Dilbung—Church Sports International/Sports Resource Center (East India)
- That the first Bible Study at Kevijau B/Church was very successful. We expected about 30 people, and more than 100 attended! All the participants decided to have Bible Study once every two months. Praise God for such a positive response.
- That after a gap of almost a year due to the pandemic, all sports ministry leaders were able to attend our first fellowship meeting of the year at Kingdom Sports Academy, Dimapur.
- That Thamsing was invited to a small church’s Family Camp in Kohima Road. About 50 members registered to attend! The theme was “Jesus is the Head of my Family,” and was very successful—37 church members recommitted their life to Jesus.
- For the success of the two-day Shepherds Leadership Training, held at Pallel in the Chandel District of Manipur. 43 leaders from 16 Baptist Churches attended, as well as some attendees who committed their lives to Jesus. It was so successful that the participants decided to have another training before the end of the year and created a three-person team to organize and manage it.
- That Thamsing will receive his Ordination in July, when he celebrates 25 years in the Lord’s ministry.
- For the success of the upcoming Gospel Youth Olympics in Chandel. Thamsing will be assisting with the morning and evening devotionals.
- That Thamsing will get support to implement a sports chaplaincy when he speaks at the Nagaland Legislative Assembly in Kohima.