Missions’ Praises and Prayer Requests: May/June 2021
Daren and Jodi Beck—ACTION International (Cambodia)
- That despite COVID we are having significant Gospel ministry through our online platform.
- For our International Council meetings with ACTION which were held last week online…35 participants from 17 countries!
- For Cambodia as there has been a significant COVID outbreak. We are in lockdown, which includes a travel ban & curfew.
- For staffing needs at Logos International School and Asian Hope International School for the 2021-22 academic year.
Frank Erb—Capitol Commission (USA)
- That the weekly Zoom Bible studies and personal discipleship sessions I lead for state Senators, Assembly Members, Constitutional Officers, Chief-of-Staff, Legislative Staff, Lobbyists, and State Employees, are continuing to go well and bear fruit.
- That God has been answering prayers for healing for a badly torn knee ligament that kept me off my feet for many months.
- For God to guide me as I have accepted an invitation to be the main speaker for a Zoom gathering of many Christian government leaders and pastors in Mongolia.
- For God’s guidance and open doors as I continue to do many meetings via video and audio and writing this year due to the ongoing COVID restrictions limiting in-person meetings at our Capitol.
Henry and Grace Banda—YOLEDS (Youth Leadership Development in Sport) (Malawi)
- For keeping my family and me safe and in good health in this pandemic.
- For reduced cases and deaths from COVID in Malawi.
- For our country’s economic recovery. We need God’s intervention.
- For peace in our country.
Jay and Karen Devers—Dynamic Church Planting International (Worldwide)
- That despite COVID, DCPI has made a huge impact this past year by switching over to group training via Zoom and by offering our training in an individual online format. So far this year, our data shows we have had the highest number trained ever in the first quarter of any year.
- That Christ’s mandate is unchanged, He is still on the throne. He will never leave us nor forsake us. His Spirit will not be taken away. We are victorious in Christ alone!
- To attain our goal at Dynamic Church Planting International to train church planting in every country of the world. The number completed is 165. We have 40 more to go. We’d LOVE to complete those 40 THIS year. Please pray for a minimum of two church leaders trained in each of these 40 countries.
- For the health and safety of India. Our World Zone Leader in India reports massive impact of COVID in that country. Pray for this pandemic to be overcome. This leader oversees tens of thousands of leaders being trained every year there.
Kennedy and Emily Salano—316 Transformational Sports Ministry (East Africa)
- For enabling us to reach out to over 250 pastors and leaders through sports ministry trainings in the last few months.
- For the opportunity to give out 1000 Bibles as a way of empowering believers during this difficult time.
- For the revival of our ball-making machine where we have been able to make over 150 Higher Power balls for ministry.
- That God will continue granting us more creative ways to minister as we go through another lockdown here in Kenya.
- That the Higher Power balls will continue to be a tool to reach out to kids and the teens in a way that will enable them understand the truth of the gospel in simplicity.
- For God’s provision for a van for our ministry.
Lincoln Christian Academy (formerly Community Christian School), Lincoln, CA (USA)
- That our school is currently full for the 2021-2022 school year with many families on our waiting list, which helps us plan more efficiently for staffing and curriculum.
- That our current families have been encouraging and very thankful for what God is doing here at LCA and they are looking for ways they can help us.
- For the success of our Vision Night. We will share what the school is planning for facilities, school programs, encouraging individual faith, and reaching our community.
- That we are attentive to the Lord’s direction and plan for our school, especially with staffing, leadership, and refining our mission.
Michael and Irina—Slavic Gospel Association (Asia)
- That we were able to begin ministering to orphans following a year of absence due to COVID.
- That we lived through our first winter in the house the Lord provided.
- For safety as we fly an aircraft a very long distance back to our home in Asia.
- For boldness and wisdom in proclaiming Christ to unbelievers we’re in contact with regularly.
Paul and Grace Moses—India Sports Ministry/Sangita Charitable Trust/Widows’ Program (India)
- For his continued protection upon all those whom we minister to, from COVID.
- For enabling us to continue all our ministries and outreaches without any stoppage even during these most critical times.
- For our 12th-grade school kids who are waiting for guidelines from Government if their final school exams will be held or not. This is a crucial year for them as their final school year marks will decide their further educational paths.
- For our widows and all the poorest people in the 18 villages we minister to, that their livelihoods will not be affected because of the current COVID wave that is causing havoc in India.
- For protection and guidance for our family as we plan and proceed in ministry specially during these times.
Ruth Veltkamp—Set Free Ministries (Nigeria)
- That Umaru’s eyesight has been restored.
- For joy at the IMANI International Conference with 174 delegates who arrived safely from five different African countries.
- That the IMANI International Conference may enjoy unity and mutual encouragement all the way to conclusion, and that all delegates may return to their homes safely.
- That the IMANI Salvation Ministry may receive all the wisdom and resources necessary to turn around the kidnapping industry to advance God’s Kingdom.
Steve and Dawn Liberti—NAB Conference/Proclaim Ministries (Germany/Global)
- For a smooth transition to our new base of ministry in Jacksonville, Florida. We are blessed with wonderful colleagues who are supporting us with this big transition back to daily life in America. We are excited for the future in this next season of service to the Kingdom of God.
- That we received confirmation that our shipping container will arrive soon. Our earthly “stuff” is not important from an eternal perspective, but it will be nice to have some furniture and pots and pans in the house! Thank you Lord for your provision and goodness in our lives.
- For Steve as he leads a team to Croatia on an evangelistic ministry campaign in June. Pray for permissions and loosened restrictions in place due to the pandemic. Pray for the hearts of people to be softened towards our Lord Jesus and for our small church partners who are asking for help in reaching their communities.
- For Dawn as she is very hard at work training for her new role with Proclaim International. She is absorbing many duties regarding finance and missionary services as a long-term servant within our organization moves toward retirement.
Sacramento Valley Teen Challenge (USA)
- For every donor, prayer partner, and volunteer.
- For the life-transformation we are seeing on a daily basis in the lives of our students.
- For our students and for their families.
- For abundant provision for the ministry.
Thamsing and Ring Dilbung—Church Sports International/Sports Resource Center (East India)
- That despite continued delays meeting with the Chief Minister of Nagaland, the State Government in Manipur is giving positive responses that a State Sport Chaplain will be appointed in July. As the Manipur population is less than 30% Christian, we praise the Lord for this post!
- That “Passion Week” was well-organized, and Thamsing spoke on both Good Friday and Easter in Manipur. Many people were moved and healed spiritually, and 16 youths were baptized. Two women from the Hindu community (where we have had difficulty making inroads) joined 100 others in accepting Christ.
- For the success of the upcoming Parents Camp in Dimapur, where Thamsing and Ring will be resource personnel. Pray for God’s power to reveal itself to attendees.
- For wisdom and guidance regarding the upcoming Youth Bible Camp; government officials have asked to postpone because of the latest COVID wave—another lockdown may be coming.
- heme was “Jesus is the Head of my Family,” and was very successful—37 church members recommitted their life to Jesus.
- For the success of the two-day Shepherds Leadership Training, held at Pallel in the Chandel District of Manipur. 43 leaders from 16 Baptist Churches attended, as well as some attendees who committed their lives to Jesus. It was so successful that the participants decided to have another training before the end of the year and created a three-person team to organize and manage it.
- That Thamsing will receive his Ordination in July, when he celebrates 25 years in the Lord’s ministry.
- For the success of the upcoming Gospel Youth Olympics in Chandel. Thamsing will be assisting with the morning and evening devotionals.
- That Thamsing will get support to implement a sports chaplaincy when he speaks at the Nagaland Legislative Assembly in Kohima.